This is just a few quotes that I’ve always enjoyed and can relate to almost everyday. I’ve also included Colin Powell’s list of maxims that ring so true in our hectic, modern world.
I) Quotes to live by:
“When all is said and done, more has been said than done.”
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
– Colin Powell
II) Powell’s 13 Rules for a Leader:
1. It ain’t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
2. Get mad, and then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position fails, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
7. You can’t make someone else’s choices. You shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision. Be demanding.
12. Don’t take the counsel of your fears or naysayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.